Blog Post #2: Who is Jesus to me?
1. Prior to this class, what did you already know about Jesus and where did this information come from?
Prior to this class, I knew a lot about Jesus already. From 5th grade on, I went to Catholic School, which enriched my knowledge in the Catholic Faith and more specifically, Jesus. I knew that to Christians, Jesus was the Son of God and the Savior. Jesus openly spread the Word of God and helped all people out. No matter what a person did to Jesus, he was always open to forgiving them because that was the type of person he was. Christians consider Jesus as an example of the "perfect person", he is someone who everyone should look to as an example. Jesus was a miracle worker, an acceptor of sinners, and a teacher. He taught people valuable lessons, and made sure that someone who made a wrong decision knew what the right decision was. Christ always professed that as long as we look to God and keep our faith in him, everything will be ok. Christ was also both divine and human, he was God on Earth.
2. What new insights did you gain about Jesus from this unit? How does this change or confirm what you already thought? Be specific. (Based on presentations and reading)
I did not really gain any new insights about Jesus from all of the presentations, I was only reminded of stories and events that I heard of before. In some of the Christ of Faith and Jesus of History. Before, I thought that all Christians experienced and focused on all of Jesus's life, even after his death. In reality, people experience Jesus as Jesus of History, which is the focus on Jesus and his works on Earth up to and including his death. People also experience Jesus as the Christ of Faith, which is the focus on Jesus after the Resurrection, and that encounter is explained by the community of Christians.
3. Do you feel that you see Jesus as more of a spiritual figure, a historical figure, and/or both? Why?
I feel that Jesus is both a spiritual and a historical figure. Even though I am not Christian, from what I have learned, and the evidence I have seen, I believe that Jesus is both spiritual and historical. I believe in Jesus as a historical figure because I believe that he truly existed and walked the Earth as a human
being. There is evidence that supports that Jesus was real and his beliefs and stories were carried all throughout history. I may not fully believe that Jesus was spiritual, but I do believe that he was a real person and made a huge impact on history and what many people believe in today. I also see Jesus as somewhat of a spiritual figure, because I believe that he had a real connection with God. I believe that Jesus's teachings and miracles came from God's power and that he was truly both divine and human.
![]() |
| I believe in Jesus as a historical figure as well as a spiritual figure, this image demonstrates Jesus as a historical figure because I I believe that he was a real person that was present on Earth. |
4. How would you describe your relationship with Jesus?
Like I said before, I am not Christian, so I do not really have a strong relationship with Jesus. I do not pray to him or necessarily believe that was God
on Earth. I believe that there is only one God, who never was on Earth. Despite this, I still see Jesus as an individual who helped people out and taught lessons that nobody else could have taught during his time. I believe that Jesus is everyone's friend, and whether I believe in him as the Son of God or not, he will not judge me. Jesus's purpose in life was to spread the Word of God and the belief in God, which is a belief that I take part in. No matter what I do or what decisions I make, I know that Jesus would always accept me for who I am and forgive me for the mistakes I made because he knows that humans are not perfect.
| I put a picture of two people holding hands, because I feel that Jesus is my friend and he will accept me with whatever decisions I make. |
gabrielansley.blogspot.com/2012/05/jesus-is-on-earth-now-2000-years-back.html.
Lizleafloor. “The Shroud of Turin: Controversial Cloth Defies Explanation as Study Shows It Has
sixseeds.patheos.com/churchformen/2013/07/why-we-call-it-a-personal-relationship-with-jesus/.
“Teachings - Guru Nanak -VS- Jesus Christ.” Google Sites,
sites.google.com/site/gurunanakvsjesuschrist/home/teachings.

Comments
Post a Comment