Blog Post #8: Suffering
1. In what ways did the people you learned about during this unit suffer? What was their reaction to their suffering?
| An apostle suffering for preaching what he believed in. |
During this unit, I learned that the Apostles suffered greatly as a result of teaching their faith. Some were stoned or attacked, jailed, and suffered through storms. They not only suffered physically, but they were mentally beaten down and told that their beliefs were wrong and not true. As we saw in each story, the Apostles kept their faith in God and continued to preach about Christianity. They persevered through the worst times of their lives because they had hope. They truly felt that what they were doing was the right thing, and because of that, ended up being happy in the end. They knew that what they were enduring was for a good cause.
2.Which story from the Acts of the Apostles did you find most inspiring and why?
| Paul preaching to the people of Rome about Christianity. |
I found Acts 18: 1-17, Paul in Corinth, most inspiring because Paul never stopped having faith in God. Paul preached the Word of God to people in Rome but was attacked by nonbelievers. Even while being attacked, Paul tried to reason with these people, he never insulted them. Paul did not give up after this, he went to another synagogue and kept preaching about his faith. God even came to him in a dream telling him that he is always with him and that no one else will attack him. I find this story inspiring because Paul kept his dignity and faith through his toughest times. He never gave up preaching because he loved what he was teaching so much, that he was willing to endure anything for it. He had commitment and strength, which is something I eventually want to have for things that I love.
3. How have you experienced challenges in your own life and how have you dealt with them?
I have experienced many challenges in my own life. I have experienced people close to me dying, trying to decide what is right from wrong, not giving into temptation from things that would not help me, and many other things. I have dealt with these challenges by
remembering the things that I love and the morals that I have developed throughout the years. I remember what my parents have taught me and to push through these tough times. I push myself to have strength through my challenges because after I overcome them, I will be able to learn from them and better myself. I also leave these challenges behind after I overcome them, I don't dwell on the past. If you dwell on the past, you will not be able to live your life in the present, and that will be a waste of the time you have on this Earth.
![]() |
| It is not impossible to overcome challenges. As long as I have strength and faith in myself and God, anything is possible. . |
4. Who are people that you can turn to in times of need and why?
People I can turn to in times of need are my family and friends. I can turn to these people
because I trust that they will guide me in the right direction. My family and friends know my tendencies and what decisions I make so they can give me the best advice in times of need. I know that they will not judge my decisions or make me feel bad about what I believe is right. I can go to them without being scared that they will turn away from me because I know that they love me and want what is best for me. My family knows what I have been through and has helped me and supported me through everything. They are always by my side and there to help me in times of need.
| My family and friends can help me get through any challenge that I approach in my life. |
Wohlers, Charles. “JAMES BAR-ZEBEDEE.” St. James the Apostle, www.satucket.com/lectionary/James.htm.
“THE FIRST LETTER OF ST. PAUL TO THE CORINTHIANS.” FIRST LETTER OF ST. PAUL TO THE CORINTHIANS, biblescripture.net/1Corinthians.html.
“3 Small Business Challenges and How to Overcome Them.” Vertical Response Blog, 25 Nov. 2013, www.verticalresponse.com/blog/3-small-business-challenges-and-how-to-overcome-them/.
“Family Church Cliparts #207719.” Family Church Cliparts#207719, mzayat.com/single/207719.html.

Comments
Post a Comment