Blog Post #9: Resilience


Could you ever see yourself sharing similar messages that your Letter Writer did?  Why or why not?  How would you share them?

We should find light in our darkness and make good decisions,
because in darkness, we are blind and our judgment is clouded.
I could see myself sharing similar messages that my Letter Writer, John, did because his messages were reminders.  They were not anything new, but things people needed to be reminded of because of our actions.  In his letter, John explains that God will always be with us, lead us in the right direction, and forgive us, as long as we have faith in him.  If people do not do good things they are in the
darkness, lost and blind, but people who live in the light love all people and make good decisions.  I give these messages to people all the time.  If others come to me with advice, I tell them that they have to move past them and that they will be forgiven.  I tell other to act better if they want to be treated better because if you keep making bad decisions, you will always be blinded by them.  When others feel that nothing is going their way, I tell them we always have to believe that God has set a path for us and that he is leading us in the right direction.

What were some new things that you learned from the Marian apparition projects presented in class (be specific)?

I learned that Our Lady of Fatima
appeared to 3 children.
I learned many new things from the Marian apparition project presented in class.  I learned that Our Lady of Fatima appeared three times to three children during World War I.  She revealed to them three secrets which were that WWI was going to end and WWII would begin, the rise and fall of Soviet Communism and that a bishop in which would be shot.  I found out that Our Lady of Knock appeared to 25 civilians in Ireland during a storm.  When Mary appeared she had her hands together and she prayed, she did not talk or give the people a message.  I found that interesting because the other Marian apparitions involved a message, but this one did not.


How did you see resilience at work within the Marian apparition that you researched?

This is Sister Agnes Sasagawa, who
Mary appeared to in Akita, Japan.
I saw resilience at work within the Marian apparition that I researched in who Mary appeared to.  In Akita, Japan Mary appeared to Sister Agnes Sasagawa, a deaf woman.  She faced criticism when she spread the word that Mary appeared to her, but she still believed and did what Mary told her.  Sr. Agnes's faith in Mary and God did not waver through these hardships because she knew that what she saw was real.  When Mary appeared to Sister Agnes, she got a cross-shaped wound on her hand.  The wound bled profusely and made her feel excruciating pain.  Even with this wound Sister pushed through because it was Mary's wish and she felt a small portion suffering that Jesus and Mary went through.


Do you see yourself as being resilient?  Why or why not?

I do see myself as being resilient because I have faced many difficult obstacles.  I struggled at the
My family helped me get through the hard
times in my life and guided me.
beginning of middle school because I had family issues at home that were very difficult to endure.  When teenagers and sometimes adults go through difficult hardships, they isolate themselves and make bad decisions.  I did not make bad decisions or feel bad for myself, I pushed through for myself and for my family because that is what we needed.  My family needed to stay strong and stick together because when knew that other people around the world could have the same problems or worse.  I was taught that you cannot dwell on the past because our life here, on Earth, is short, and we have to live it freely and to the best of our abilities.  We cannot waste our lives wishing that something did not happen because it did and it is never going to change.



 “The Light in the Dark.” The Journal, blog.stillpointspaces.com/2014/12/the-light-in-the-dark/.

“Novena to Our Lady of Fatima Begins Today.” A Catholic Life, acatholiclife.blogspot.com/2017/05/novena-to-our-lady-of-fatima-begins.html.


Sullivan, Kerry. “Japanese Wooden Statue Weeps, Sheds Blood, and Performs Miracles.”Ancient Origins, Ancient Origins, www.ancient-origins.net/unexplained-phenomena/japanese-wooden-statue-weeps-sheds-blood-and-performs-miracles-006366.

“Family Members - Lessons - Tes Teach.” Tes Teach with Blendspace, www.tes.com/lessons/TWMntZDKn8aBzQ/family-members.


Comments

Popular Posts